Vitamin B12 DUO 1000 µg Drops 50 ml
|Quantity||Unit price||Reference price|
|To 2||€17.51 *||€350.20 * / 1 l|
|From 3||€16.50 *||€330.00 * / 1 l|
|From 6||€16.00 *||€320.00 * / 1 l|
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: B12-DUO
Immune system, Energy metabolism and nerve protection: the importance of vitamin B12
B vitamins are among the most important vitamins and they perform elementary functions in the human body. The body needs vitamin B12 for the energy metabolism, to form blood cells and to build the nerve sheaths. Many people suffer from a vitamin B deficiency without realizing it. Such a deficiency is particularly common among vegetarians and vegans, as vitamin B12 can only be obtained almost exclusively from animal products compared to the other B vitamins. For people who eat a purely plant-based diet, it can therefore be difficult to absorb sufficient amounts of vitamin B12 through food.
Advantages of SinoPlaSan Vitamin B12 DUO at a glance
- Directly bioavailable and highly active forms: Adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin for improved absorption.
- High dosage: 1000 µg vitamin B12 per 5 drops, which corresponds to a daily requirement of 40,000 % to compensate for the low absorption rate of orally ingested vitamin B12.
- Combination of two active forms of vitamin B12 for good absorption by the body.
- Easy dosing: Precise pipette for effortless application.
- Product benefits: Alcohol-free, vegan, lactose-free, high-dose, without food additives such as magnesium stearate.
The health benefits of vitamin B12 supplementation are many and varied
- Normal function of the nervous and immune system: Vitamin B12 supports the normal function of the nervous system and contributes to normal immune function.
- Homocysteine and energy metabolism: It plays a role in homocysteine and energy metabolism.
- Mental function: Vitamin B12 promotes normal mental function and helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Vitamin B12 deficiency
Vitamin B12 deficiency is a serious condition that can lead to anemia, characterized by paleness, weakness, fatigue and, in severe cases, shortness of breath and dizziness. A severe deficiency of vitamin B12 can also damage the nerves, leading to tingling, loss of sensation in the hands and feet, muscle weakness, loss of reflexes, difficulty walking, confusion and even dementia. Diagnosis is based on blood tests.
The symptoms caused by anemia can be improved with high doses of vitamin B12 supplements. However, symptoms caused by nerve damage, especially dementia in the elderly, may persist even if the anemia is treated.
It is important to note that vitamin B12 is mainly found in animal foods and is absorbed in the intestine. A deficiency can lead to anemia with abnormally large red blood cells and can even cause nerve damage, even in the absence of anemia.
Causes of vitamin B12 deficiency
- Insufficient supply through food, especially in vegans without supplements
- Lack of intrinsic factor: Due to the lack of a certain protein in the stomach lining, no active absorption of vitamin B12 can take place in the body. Even in the case of a lack of intrinsic factors, a high dosage of vitamin B12 (approx. 1000 µg B12 per day) can result in sufficient absorption of vitamin B12 and can therefore be an alternative to intramuscular intake for many people.
- Insufficient storage due to liver disease
- Insufficient absorption of the vitamin due to:
- Excessive bacterial growth in the small intestine
- Impaired absorption in diseases such as coeliac disease or pancreatic disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease, fish tapeworm infection, HIV/AIDS
- Surgical interventions on the intestinal tract or taking medication
- Autoimmune diseases that disrupt the production of stomach cells
- Age-related reduction in gastric acid production
Treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency
- Vitamin B12 supplements: High-dose vitamin B12 supplements are used for treatment. If there are no symptoms of deficiency, the vitamin can be taken orally. Regular blood tests monitor B12 levels to ensure that they normalize and are maintained.
- Injections for nerve damage: People with very low B12 levels or nerve damage are usually given vitamin B12 by injections administered daily or weekly for weeks until B12 levels are normal. If the deficiency persists, these injections may be required long-term, sometimes monthly.
Vitamin B12 in vegan and vegetarian diets: healthy support for a balanced lifestyle
Vitamin B12 is of crucial importance in a plant-based diet. The vitamin is produced in nature by bacteria and is therefore only found in significant quantities in animal products. Vegans and vegetarians who avoid such foods therefore run the risk of developing a deficiency, which can cause serious long-term health problems. Our high-quality vitamin B12 supplement is the ideal supplement for vegans and vegetarians who want to ensure that their body is adequately supplied with this vital vitamin. Our carefully selected formula provides you with the peace of mind that your body is getting the vitamin B12 it needs in sufficient quantities to promote a vital and healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, Bi-distilled water, Vitamin B12 (Adenosylcobalamin), Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)
5 drops contain 1000 µg vitamin B12, of which 500 µg methylcobalamin and 500 µg adenosylcobalamin
Origin Vitamin B12: Spain
Recommended dosage: take 5 drops daily. Shake gently before consumption.
The product should be stored in the refrigerator after opening and is stable until the end of the best before date (see label) when opened.
Take the product on an empty stomach or with a meal.
Note interactions with iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin B7 (biotin) and vitamin B9 (folic acid). The nutrients promotemutual absorption.
- alcohol free
- lactose free
- high dosed
- free from colorants
- free from flavorings
- free of food additives such as magnesium stearate
Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place, cool and protected from light.
PZN 15876376 (Austria PZN 5175052)
What is the glycerin in the product derived from?
The vegetable glycerin is obtained from rapeseed.