Coenzyme Q10 100 mg MONO 180 Capsules
|Quantity||Unit price||Reference price|
|To 2||€48.00 *||€448.60 * / 1 kg|
|From 3||€46.00 *||€429.91 * / 1 kg|
|From 6||€44.00 *||€411.21 * / 1 kg|
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: Q10-03-180
Coenzyme Q10, also called ubiquinone, is found in every living cell of our organism and is needed for energy production. It belongs to the vitaminoids, i.e. the vitamin-like vital substances, and its chemical structure is very similar to the fat-soluble vitamins K and E. Coenzyme Q10 is produced by the body, particularly in the intestines and liver cells, from the amino acids phenyalanine and thyrosine and the B vitamins. Some foods also contain small amounts of Q10. Ubiquinone takes its name from the Latin word "ubiquitous," meaning "occurring everywhere," because it is found in almost all organisms.
Coenzyme Q10 can be produced by the body itself, but this self-production decreases in the course of life and is also further reduced by other factors such as chronic diseases, stress, smoking, medications (especially cholesterol-lowering medications), etc.
Our coenzyme Q10 is derived from yeast fermentation and provides 100 mg of the coenzyme per capsule. We use only vegan, highly compatible and vegetable capsule shells made of cellulose (HPMC).
Why ubiquinone instead of the expensive ubiquinol?
Many suppliers advertise better absorption of Q10 through the fully reduced ubiquinol form of Q10. Although this feature sounds promising, there is no need for this form. Because:
- There are considerably more scientific studies using ubiquinone than studies using ubiquinol.
- In terms of absorption, there is no difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol. It appears that there are no immediate benefits of using ubiquinol, since the compound is converted to ubiquinone in the digestive system anyway. At least there are no studies showing increased efficacy or the like.
- Ubiquinone and ubiquinol switch back and forth between one form and the other in the body. It is important to ensure good absorption. In addition, the bioavailability of both types is nearly the same.
- The international coenzyme Q10 association ICQA uses a preparation containing ubiquinone as the official scientific reference product.
- Ubiquinol is more expensive to produce than ubiquinone, so it is consequently expensive for consumers and scientists.
- Ubiquinol is very unstable and reacts extremely with atmospheric oxygen, it oxidizes. After oxidation, it is not worthless, but it has unconverted back into ubiquinone. Preventing this oxidation and ensuring that coenzyme Q10 retains its reduced ubiquinol form is extremely difficult and represents an expensive and enormous technical challenge.
- It is often read that elderly people have a reduced ability to convert ubiquinone into ubiquinol and should therefore use a ubiquinol product. Even if this were true, it does not solve the problem, because as already written, the body constantly converts between ubiquinone and ubiquinol back and forth. Thus, after the first conversion of ubiquinol to ubiquinone, the problem would immediately become current again. Since the conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol takes place with the help of the selenoprotein thioredoxin reductase, the reduced ability to convert ubiquinone to ubiquinol can be compensated by the additional intake of selenium.
Ingredients: Filler: rice flour, coenzyme Q10, coating agent: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (Capsule shell)
1 capsule contains 100 mg coenzyme Q10.
Recommended use: take 1x 1 capsule daily with liquid.
Once opened, the product is stable until the end of the best-before date (see label).
Take the product with a meal.
- lactose free
- free from colorants
- free from flavorings
- free of food additives such as magnesium stearate
Pregnant women, nursing mothers as well as children and adolescents under 18 years of age should not consume this product.
Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place, cool and protected from light.
PZN Germany: 14062631 / PZN Austria: 4835865